Saturday, May 25, 2013

Red Carpet Music Q&A: MIRANDA WRITES (New Jersey)



RG: How young are you, Miranda?

MW: Right now, I am 18 years young, born on September 26.

RG: What's your ethnic background?

MW: I am Black/Portugese/Polish.

RG: There are some very talented female MCs currently doing their thing on the underground/independent level, and you are most definitely one of them! What sets you apart from the competition, in your humble opinion?

MW: I think one simple rule sets me apart from the competition and has always been the case since the beginning, and that is BEING MYSELF. In this industry, originality is key because the truth is if you're the same and like everyone else, then you're really no different. So along this journey, I just keep being ME, and I keep doing what I want to do because 9 out of 10 people will respect and dig the realness. You don't pick your fans; your fans pick you....Be 'YOU' and the support will come!

RG: Was there a particular song or artist that influenced you in pursuing a career in the music industry?

MW: I don't think it was necessarily any artist or song that influenced me to have my own career doing music. I've always been a writer and spent a lot of time writing during my sophmore year of high school. However, everything I was writing was obviously staying in my notebook being unheard. So one day, I decided to flip what I wrote over a beat and the feeling was just so real and different. Right then and there is when I realized what I was meant to do!

RG: What inspires you on a daily basis?

MW: I honestly get inspired by the world around me and my emotions. If I'm feeling a certain way, I usually always write about it. I also get inspired by the things or places I see from a basic perspective. Sometimes I'll be out and and about, and concepts just come to me....Being that I'm an artist, it's almost like the world is a bubble to just learn and expand from. That's how I take things in my life - whether things are good and bad - it's all given to you for a reason, so that's what ends up in my notebook!

RG: Give me your thoughts on the current state of Hip-Hop/Rap music, and how things can get better from your perspective?

MW: Well, first things first - Hip-Hop and Rap are different! Many people don't get that, but I'll save that lesson for a different day...LOL....Back to your question - Hip-Hop could be better if people started having passion for what they do again. Let's be honest with each other - just because something sounds good doesn't mean it sounds 'real.' REAL recognize REAL, so if we all started being 'real' with one another, the music would get better and so would the world.

RG: The best advice about the music industry you've received thus far.

MW: Hmmm....The best advice I've received so far is 1) Not everyone's going to like you; 2) Be yourself because there's thousands of people doing what you do; 3) 50% TALENT; 50% BUSINESS and actually knowing what you want to do; 4) WORK!!!!.....Those are my top four tips I've learned myself so far, and that's really what anyone SHOULD know.

RG: Which do you prefer more than the other - performing live or recording in the studio?

MW: Hmmm....They are so different from each other because recording in the studio is laying down the track, so at that point, you wouldn't even be able to perform it live yet. I guess I prefer performing live just because at that point the track is already done and a finished product, so it's cool to see how people react to your work!

RG: What projects can we look forward to from you in the very near future?

MW: I'm currently working on some new tracks, and expect some sort of mixtape or album this summer of 2K13!

RG: In five-to-ten-years from nw with God's will, Miranda Writes will be -

MW: The female who changed the game....The person who successfully gained respect for doing what she wants to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment